Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 30k net is junk

I'm a little lost with you guys... As a contractor totally 50,000 is nothing... But to be honist with you its been hard to figure out how much I really make. Last year i made 20,000 and i did satellite for 3-4 months which brought over 10,000 to itself... Anyways I am on both sides... Yes we get paid too little, But I know i still live more comfertable than alot of people in UTAH for as far as my skills are concerned away from the cable or satellite companies to be honist im lucky to make 10 an hour.... EVEN SLOW I make bout 500-600 net pay a week, but i only work 3-4 days a week and off by like 2 with a 2 hour break inbetween am and pm jobs getting to customers house at 9-10am so im lucky if i work 35 hours right now...

But I think we should be making alot more especially IC for theres alot of garbage that has to be paid for. And since i dont have a family its fine, but I am tring to do what I cant to exceed my limitations... I am always learning something new, getting new certifications and what not,

BTW some of you sound like your getting totally ripped off i read 12 dollars for a wall fish while charging 42? Sounds to me your charging for a half hour at least I hope for i charge 1 hour at 75 for a wall fish and im an employee... I'm sorry thats just sad if your an IC and if your an IC why would you give the company your working WITH the money? you pay taxes on it anyways not them, HECK if you hand out money like that just give it to me and you pay the taxes on it since you earned it. EMPLOYEE i can see that... BUT A TRUE IC IS THEIR OWN BUSINESS

REMEMBER directv isnt going like uh.... your tech did custom work we need a portion of ther money... NOW RESELLERS how many of you would give directv money for you hiring a guy to do the job and do a wall fish? Absolutely none.

ANOTHER THING what really irratates me is all these techs and time to time im at fault, do work for free just to get the install done... I understand customer service but i understand NOT getting taken advantage of.... EVERYONE READ THE STANDARD INSTALL you would be amaised what can be charged... how much of that stuff thats chargable do you charge? and if a company doesnt like you charging for things you can i would tell them to take a hike... Even though I work for the HSP here, they send me to a job custom work to be done customer doesnt wanna pay, i cancel the job (Excessive work) i dont mind doing 1 custom thing per job, but if i have to pull out my custom tools theres 75 they are paying.

Why play games? I feel alot of us dont even know what a standard install includes...

And are there any other topics to talk bout becides wadges, and unions? for everyday seems like everyone is heated on these 2 topics for the past few months now.

how bout the lastest info on verizons tv service there coming out with, or whats new with directv or dish network
This is CABL.com posting #169222. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSby
Posted in reply to: 30k net is junk by inthewoods
There are 0 replies to this message