Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Union?

I used to be a union carpenter, and saying that the union takes 50% is deceiving, out of that 50% they take pays for your medical and dental, vacation, and retirement fund.
All benefits being supported by the union, so if someone goes into the hospital they will for sure be covered by that health care provider, or the whole union will switch the health care plan if they start sending the bills to the patient in hopes they will pay, which I'm sure has happened to a lot of people here.

I had health insurance with Allina when I was in auto body, I broke my arm and went to the hospital, a month later I start getting the medical bills, I knew I had to pay $200 for the initial medical expense for the year, but they wanted the full amount, I had to send that bill back to Allina over 50 times, and they still wouldn't pay it even though I was a paying costumer still being deducted for medical insurance on my checks...

So the hospital gave it over to collections and my credit was being destroyed because Allina wouldn't pay the damn bill.
And the countless people that get fired 6 months before they can retire so the company doesn't have to pay them a pension, don't have to worry about that either.

Being a sparky you got it pretty good, especially in New York where the unions are strong, I think you don't realize how well you have it...

This is CABL.com posting #169187. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mSaZ
Posted in reply to: Re: Union? by Hybrid Telecom.
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Union? Hybrid Telecom. 5/30/2006 9:10:00 PM