Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: uhf problems

Trinity it sounds like you may have your hands full right off the bat. Welcome to the wonderful world of TV.
First off UHF/VHF. Be sure the problem exists at the headend and not only at the customers set. No sense in workin on or screwin stuff up in the headend when it is a line problem/house wire problem in the field.
Most processors I have used require a 0-10 dBm input for a clear picture on the output. Some processors will vary. If indeed the probelm is in the headend check if you are pullin multiple channels off of same antenna. Of course check fittings all the way up. Possible put a tv straight to the antenna and check pic quality. Make sure antenna is pointed in correct direction of transmitter towers. Make sure antennas are not too close together on pole or tower. Just a few suggestions. (Just got a call from my engineer saying my channel 9 (off air 44uhf) looks bad. Old equipment just had to reseat the modules. (SA 6150) Kinda eary. Just goes to show you could be something simple.
This is CABL.com posting #168729. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mR3B
Posted in reply to: uhf problems by trinitymuscle
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: uhf problems trinitymuscle 5/23/2006 2:50:00 PM