Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Payback

This is the argument I had before I quit, I seen it coming, along with some other BS storming our way, so I got out of there before being washed away into financial ruins.

Get the hell out of dodge, DTV is treating it's company like a McDonald's, and hiring the fresh crops of people that think this is a good field, and don't give a rats ass about any old school techs, and if you do find someone that knows you put in your time and proved yourself, he will be replaced by some guy that was trained in three weeks ago.

The only thing is it's McDonald pay, plus you have to buy all your own equipment and wire, that is like telling a McDonald's cook that he will have to pay for all the burgers he cooks to make sure that he wont screw up any orders, or he will get charged back...

Then he has to deliver those burgers to peoples houses, set up the grill on their roof, cook to the costumers liking, call in the patties ID number to a automated system to let McDonald's know what patties has been used, then precall the next costumer to let them know that he is coming, then precall to confirm with dispatch of his current times that burns up about 5-15 minutes wait time on his cell phone every job he does.

He needs a truck, and pays for his own gas.

I thought the lady that trained me in was joking when she said, "If you don't like it then get out, go work at McD's"
I thought it was a cold thing to say to people that couldn't handle the training, but now I know she was doing them a favor, and working McD's would be a better job. LOL(hoot)

Sad so many people fall victim to it, but I really lost any empathy for all the supposed hardcore guys out their, if they are stupid enough to believe that this is a good job, then please don't tell some new guy they will be making some good money in DTV, because they wont.

I was fooled, but I deserved it for not asking why there are a outrages amount of open positions open for DTV?

So while I bark a lot on here, I'm just trying to save the new people from getting lied too and fooled into investing into a BS career.

This is CABL.com posting #168586. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mR1i
Posted in reply to: Re: Payback by whocares1984
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Payback mndirectech 5/24/2006 6:59:00 AM