Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable has launched a PR campaign

Where are you located that the telco subs out work. Here in Chicago 99.5% is in-house. Do you live in large metro area? Right now telcos are hiring installers for the FTTH services. Perm. positions. Top pay is $25-29/hr depending on the part of the country you are from.

I love it when certain guys call other guys lazy. It reminds me of how people from 3rd world country view us because we have things like min. wage, 40 hr work week, etc..... When the first American workers negotiated the 8hr day and lunch breaks, Im sure their 14hrs working, no lunch break having counterparts thought the same about them, as you feel about those fat lazy telco guys.

You may need to think about stop considering those who bargained for work conditions that allows them them to do their jobs with out working in a constant rush. Just because you have to do twice the amount of work they do, to receive the same pay, doenst aqlways mean they are lazy. Some people have negotiated a different work enviroment many of you here are not to familiar with. Some people have careers in telcos, and their companies want them around for a long time. So they see no need in burning someone out, and risking the chance is done right or safely because the tech had to rush.

Where has all this rushing and so called hard work got us as a whole, nowhere. 2002 Cable telephony install was $90, was is it today. 2001 I was one of those lazy telco guys making 1082/week base pay, what does that position pay now. I bet only one of these has increased, wanna guess which one.
This is CABL.com posting #168530. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mR0o
Posted in reply to: Re: Cable has launched a PR campaign by nrb1
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Cable has launched a PR campaign nrb1 5/21/2006 9:48:00 PM
Re: Cable has launched a PR campaign voices 5/21/2006 2:42:00 PM