Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: help

Well, I guess some people just don't know how to turn up the money. If you're living in a trailer because you do DTV work, chances are most of your customers are living in a trailer too. Too many DTV contracts are basically to install the masses of deadbeats who barely beat the scoring criteria. Those contracts aren't worth much money. If your work orders aren't sending you to homes that have a Lexus in the driveway, it's time to move on.

The reality of the situation is that if you go into someone's home and they have some $8000 DLP there, then you should have the chance to make all kinds of money. With cable, the client doesn't want you to do anything except whats on the work order and maybe a few other pittance upsells. In DTV and other Sat jobs, you can potentially do a job that will add up to several thousand dollars. That is one of the reasons I left cable. It was really frustrating to know I could make an extra $300 on a particular job, but the "scope" of our work didn't include the customs.
This is CABL.com posting #168361. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRXF
Posted in reply to: Re: help by crawl2much
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: help uboatcmdr 5/19/2006 11:24:00 AM
Re: help gaffmatic 5/18/2006 11:25:00 PM