Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good living!

I gotta shoot my mouth off here. But the Teacher thing got my attention.

50k a year......for the majority of the country, its pretty dang good. Sure, 100k is better. One just has to prioritize, play smart and rather than spending 120 bucks on cigs a month and 250 on beer, one just may have to cut back. Again, prioritize. I've been the Contractor and the In House and yes, now a sales slut, yep, I could make 50k work.

Regarding the Teachers - no comparison. I'm in the middle of that now. Remember that divorce most of us went through years ago? Remember those 3 kids you had? While you bust yer arse to make the payment and she busts hers to keep her head above water, those teachers are the ones babysitting errrrrr teaching the emotionally drained kids that were regretfully, impacted. Some are hell on wheels, some are saints,, but from what I see weekly....these teachers deserve 100k a year with 4 months off. Now, here in Texas, they get two.

Teachers do what they do for the love of the job. We do what we do for the love of the job. Sure, money is nice and it is a motivator, but c'mon. I've been in it since '81, tried gettin out, got dragged back into it. And from the ones I do know on here and the ones I see bitchin about pay.......You're still here.

For you puppies out there - and yes, you are a puppy even when you have that lengthy one year's experience - There is money out there, it can get better. One thing - YOU need to decide if YOU love the job or you are here for the money. If you wake up in the morning and look forward to doing it, DO IT, if not - Get Out, quit bitchin, move on. Sure, we all wake up and say demmitt, i dont want to work......but in your mind you are thinking.....I'm going to kick some arse today. Lineman, techie, grunt, gopher, installer, dispatcher.....just like the teacher...its about the love of the job, the camaraderie, the stories and yes...even the travel. Its friggin Fantastic knowing you are going 500 miles and KNOW you are going to attack a job and do it well.

Sure - Money is great......its out there......network, find it...if you love it, it will show up. I see the postings....anyone look in Saudi? 60 million dollar projects going now..Europe - Millions in underground going, Military - Billions, school districts - millions, Over 1000 cities have been approved for Government authorized (and paid for by them) FTTH Systems already in the past 4 months...FTTH for those municipalities. The work is there, the need is there - Some of you just need to get off here, grow some backbone, be professional, make a plan and get on it...go for it....its not coming to you. These "Big Companies" we all bitch about.......they did....and they bagged it....they had to start somewhere. And since many of us don't like the way they are or did do it.......Get yer arse off the chair and do it your way...and show us all how its done. Its somewhat similar to the quarterly Union talk on here........lots of talk.....and more talk.......and then......more talk.

OK...bash me.......but then again, while you bash me.....someone else is looking at the 1000 small communities figuring out how to get into them. Ya;ll have a great day !!!
This is CABL.com posting #168303. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRWJ
Posted in reply to: $50,000 a year is NOT a good living! by sdelnay
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good living! mt30ys 5/18/2006 8:13:00 PM
Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good living! Old school 5/18/2006 7:41:00 PM