Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good living!

If you are referring to my: "Was the pay better 10 years ago? Yes it was. Would it be nice to have it back...sure. The way I look at it is if my techs can make 50,000 a year to install cable then that is a good living. (after gas)...... statement.

The markets we work in 50,000.00 a year for a cable tech (not VOIP) after expense is a good living. They are all employees here and have health and dental coverage + gas pay. (now is that good pay for someone who use to make 100+ a year. No I dont think so either however if they are looking for that then installing is not the area they should be in)

I do not know what market you live in but you said 50,000 under some circumstances is below poverty then I do not want to work in that market. If your poverty level is truely above 50k then I would say its time to demand more money on the contract.

On another note this was said:
"I know taking care of and trying to teach 25-30 screaming brats is not an easy job, but it beats the grunt work an installer has to do on any given day and if their pay is considered low then our is as well."

WHAT?...They are the people teaching our kids so they don't have to do this work when they become adults. If they do there job right they should be at 100,000 a year. Try teaching in todays world with all the hoops they have to jump through to make sure they don't "offend" anyone. Put that on top of the "no child is left behind" crap and "lets not keep score in sports because we don't want any kids to feel bad" era.....

Its no wonder why we have alot of the employee issues we are now seeing...

This is CABL.com posting #168238. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRVG
Posted in reply to: $50,000 a year is NOT a good living! by sdelnay
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: $50,000 a year is NOT a good living! ocffactor 5/17/2006 2:10:00 PM