Create your free account now! Sign up

I have to ask

I have to ask:

Why are some still in the industry? All I ever read on here from Trey is: "start a union", "If you don't do a walk out you are scared children", and the last "Dont come into this industry because you will get burned".

Why are you still here? Why would you allow something that you view as so terrible take up so much of your time? I don't remember ever hearing from you on the up side of this job however I may be wrong and if so please correct me.

I came into this industry as a sat installer back in the Primestar days. Made OK money however wanting something more challenging I went inhouse for TWC to learn the HSD side. (when this was the new product) After that I went to contracting and have been doing it ever since.

I love this work, I make good money, My techs make good money, and the trend I have seen is the pay is heading up.

Yes, some contractors are under handed. WHY WORK FOR THEM?
Search out the contracting companies that take care of the workers. Find the ones that understand that with out taking care of the techs they will have nothing.

Again, just my 2 cents. I just signed on this morning and read some of the posts about not getting into this line of work and thought I would throw this out.

Everyone has a right to bitch and a right to express opinions. But the repetitive bitching by some is exhausting!
This is CABL.com posting #167983. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRRz
Posted in reply to: Re: New and need advice by Trey9007
There are 3 replies to this message
now I have to ask Trey9007 5/14/2006 12:08:00 PM
Re: I have to ask Trey9007 5/14/2006 11:38:00 AM
Re: I have to ask Trey9007 5/14/2006 11:35:00 AM