Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: New and need advice(PT1)

Ok here we go.... the 411 short form. (PG1)
1.) What kind of income can I expect? (Currently I make 40k-50k per year.)
A.) beginning pay ranges WIDELY in this industry unlike others there is no set standard but you can expect match your current salary.
2.) Where should I start out at? And who would employ someone in my situation?
A.)This one again will be all over the map to unless you really like to gamble you need to be working 2 or 3 different fields of telecom. Inhouse like others said is good for the free training but with a B.S. I really doubt your the type that will take the crap and hours inhouse will be tossin at ya but it will get you in the door.
and as far as who will employ someone in your position ANYONE these days most no exp nec.

3.) Is the contractor path a good way to go?
A.) good money little more control but expensive start up costs and again more of the successful installers work more than one field ie. DBS , cable installs , networking , voip , dsl. also contractors buy most ALL of there supplies on the DBS side anyway.
4.) What are some of the negativities of the industry?
A.) can be workin one day and next lookin for work. Contracts end in a day w/no notice hence working more than one contract. vehical expenses , insurance costs , fringe area work I regularly put on 1,100 miles a week easy.
This is CABL.com posting #167919. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRQx
Posted in reply to: New and need advice by dawgport
There are 0 replies to this message