Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Phone lines, the whole truth!

That is true you must cover your a$$, but in my case I ran into one of those customers who wanted to cause a problem (he was a drunken nut job who made demands I could not satisfy). I could make this a really long post and go into the full details but lets just say I got an undeserved failed QC (second in two years). There had been several techs who have failed more in less time and were not fired for it. I was fired four days after our Gadsden office voted in the CWA union and three days after I openly congratulated them in the SatelliteGuy.US forum. That forum was being monitored by a Bruister HR guy for pro-union posts so they could target any pro-union employees who might be posting there (at the time there were several).
After I was fired the CWA lawyers filed complaints on my and some others' behave over our firings (the others had been terminated about 1½ months before I was). The complaints were turned over to a labor board investigator. Basically the ivestigator while fully believing our stories could not get anyone still employeed at the company to go on the record and back up our claims. This I can understand as they are only doing what most people would do in such a case and that is to look out for number one and don't paint a target on your own back.
Sure I and others stepped forward and made an attempt to unionize the company to make things better for all the workers. We put our necks on the chopping block for those guys and we got the ax for our efforts. Yep we got fired and joined the ranks of the unemployeed, but they suffered also. They had to endure a big pay cut as many were forced into company vehicles and paid low hourly rates. And as for those techs who were allowed to remain piece rate POV techs, they are now having to suffer a healthy cut in their piece rates. As for Bruister management, they are nothing but a bunch of cowards who will F*CK every tech in their employ every chance they get if they think they think it will put an extra penny in their bank account. F*ck em and feed em fisheads.
This is CABL.com posting #167509. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRJV
Posted in reply to: Re: Phone lines, the whole truth! by Gwester843
There are 0 replies to this message