Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Phone lines, the whole truth!

LOL , cant say I blame you. Unfortunately, I rather enjoy it. Talking to these people furthers my belief, and shows more proof, that most people who are anti-union base their feelings on lies and/or mis-information. 2 recent examples.

1. Our friend toast believes that no one can work the same job tittle but be paid more just because they are in a union. I show him signed labor agreements, but he for some reason still believes his mis-information.

2 OSG just posted that customers pay her the good rates because they feel since they have to pay the prevailing wage they may as weel pay it to her because they know they will get an honest days work. Her point was that the customers rather pay her and her company and not union contractors and the decision to do this is not based on price.

But, prevailing wage is minnimun you can pay on a project. Union rates are much higher than the prevailing wage. Example, the prevailing wage for electricians working on a project may be 17/hr, but a union electrician's contract requires he be paid 30/hr. So if shes getting the previailing wages, she is getting the minnimum that company is allowed to pay on the project. Is that a big deal?? She is the cheapest so they go to her.

Either she didnt know this and made a mistake in her post, or she is flat out lying and forgot she was posting to a person who has a little knowlege on the subject. Misinformation and/or lies. The anti-union person's only ammo. The only truth they mention is that unions are not perfect, and that they loose some battles. Which I guess is a sprise to some people.
This is CABL.com posting #167508. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRJU
Posted in reply to: Re: Phone lines, the whole truth! by uboatcmdr
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Phone lines, the whole truth! uboatcmdr 5/7/2006 3:19:00 PM