Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Maricopa Co. Posse

The point I'm trying to make here Clean is not specific to Maricopa county alone, but the proposed new legisilation that wants to declare all 12+ million illegals currently in this country "felons". If they do that then what are we to do with those felons? Where will we put them? I mean, they will be felons and felons must be punished so we will have to put them in prison, but what prison? Do we have enough extra space in our prisons for 12 million people? We could release some of those criminals already in prison to make room for these new felons, but I don't know if it would be a good idea to release say a theif or murderer just to make room for a illegal border crosser.
I'm sure some of that 12 million are children, so what do we do with them? Put them in prison as well? We could give them amnisty and dump them off at the border, but what if they have no family other than the parents who are being sent to prison? We could put them into foster care but where will we find that many people to be their foster parents?
If all these people (men, women & children) are put into prision or foster care their upkeep will be a great burdon on our taxpayers. Are you as an individual willing to give up a bigger chunk of your hard earned pay to fund the upkeep of a bunch of illegals who sit on their collective arses in a cell watching tv and enjoying three square meals a day? Or have your tax dollars go to feed & cloth the children of these illegals rather than fund schools and parks for your own children to use?
Frankly I'd rather these illegals not be here, but the fact is they are. We could round them up and dump them across the border without having to declare them as "felons", but they would be back in the US before morning unless we make some changes that will keep that from happening. Declaring the illegals "felons" and threatening them with prison time isn't going to scare them enough to keep them out. It might be better if we let those who are already here stay legally and make them pay taxes and consentrait our efforts on keeping those who are not already here from crossing the border.
This is CABL.com posting #167472. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRJk
Posted in reply to: Re: Maricopa Co. Posse by Clean Splice
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Maricopa Co. Posse Clean Splice 5/7/2006 3:23:00 PM