Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Monkeys Got Fired

Damn, you guys just dont get it. When you work under a strong contract things like this dont happen without something being done about it. Without a collective bargaining agreement you are an "at will" employee. The employer can fire you for any reason as long as it not for a dicriminatory reason. Race, sex religon, etc... Collective bargaining agreements have "just cause" clauses. Meaning the employer must have and PROVE to have a just cause to fire an employee.

This is the type of protection that is supposed to seperate us from the work place in 3rd world countries.

These guys may have a leg to stand on, with the whistle blower laws. But if no solidarity is shown by us things will get worse fast. They already have us installing 2nd line for tivo and phone lines free, so im thinking soon they will no longer pay for the 4th ird on an install.

If nobody stands with these guys I see a flat for installs comming. $60 an install, no matter how many irds are installed. I hope and pray I am out of this before it goes down.
This is CABL.com posting #167397. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRH7
Posted in reply to: Re: The Monkeys Got Fired by okcable
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: The Monkeys Got Fired techseven 5/6/2006 1:16:00 AM
Re: The Monkeys Got Fired oldschoolgal 5/5/2006 10:25:00 PM
Re: The Monkeys Got Fired oldschoolgal 5/5/2006 10:23:00 PM
Re: The Monkeys Got Fired okcable 5/5/2006 10:05:00 PM
Re: The Monkeys Got Fired dsatelitmn 5/5/2006 8:59:00 PM