Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Uno deMayo

I understand your point. But our laws and views on human rights is what puts us above the rest. Its a big part of the reason the red white and blue brings a warm fuzzy feeling to just about everyone on the planet. They know we are not the average ordinary country. We are the USA.

Im quite sure illegals took part in the protest. But the protest was organized by Americans in support of the illegals. They make demands, but thats their right as American. As crazy as their cause may seem to you, it seems to be important to them. These are Americans protesting for their cause, and I think some people forget that at times.

You say they want their own culture and language. I cant say I agree with them on that, but is a 2 language country all that bad. I think Canada is one. It doesnt seem to be the source of much controversy. A country must fill the need of their citizens. ALL of them. So if the day comes when the hispanics are close to being the majority this may be something that will need to be explored.

In terms of security I agree pretty much what everyone has said on here. Its scary to think with border security that weak what can happen.

I dont support this cause 100%, but I support the right for people to speak up about their cause. They want laws changed, they are going about the right way to do it. They protest, march, and lobby. No back room deals, no secret meetings, no sneaky attachment of their cause to an unrelated bill to get it passed under the radar. They are doing things in ways that can only be done in a true democracy. I dont agree with them 100%, but I enjoyed this wonderful display of democracy. To many times the product of democracy is scandal, fixed elections, pay-offs, and things of that nature. It has been very refreshing for me, to see democracy at work, in a good way.
This is CABL.com posting #167084. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRC4
Posted in reply to: Re: Uno deMayo by oldschooldbstech
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Uno deMayo Hybrid.PC 5/3/2006 9:13:00 AM
Re: Uno deMayo Wife of a cable guy 5/3/2006 5:49:00 AM