Create your free account now! Sign up

Wolf1

Accurate description, Doug! Dan left for NC the Sunday before Easter for a short-term job, I rented him a little car so he could come home for Easter - he got in at 2 a.m. Sat., slept till 9 a.m., we went out and about, had family functions to attend during the afternoon, came home, crashed again cos the road trip lag hit him and Sunday he was readying the truck to head out again, while I was doing his laundry and packing up food....He is eager to get outa NC and come home, but the job is another few weeks and he needs to make the $$$ while it's there .... My life? Well, it's just peachy....I am changing the spark plug in the push mower and trying to figure out how to change the oil.....also have to finagle with the riding mower to see if that will start, so we don't have a hay field by the time Dan gets back....not to mention wondering if our 11 year-old shepherd is gonna finally expire on me and I sure as hell can't pick him up, he weighs over 90#!!! And training a new puppy on bathroom habits, well, I plain forgot what it's like to have a "baby" in the house - coffee is my best friend right about now as far as staying awake! And, we do the phone calls at all hours like anyone else....in between my doing some of the paperwork for the biz, sometimes I even get a chance to do my own job! Good thing I work at home....it is a definite bonus right now. The only redeeming factor about this road job is that Dan gets to stay with his brother's house, so we pay only gas, instead of gas and hotel....a little change in the pocket this time around after expenses and tax deposits....yes sir, it's a GREAT life. Who the hell has time for E Harmony? The only E in my life right now is EXHAUSTION. Hope all is well, where are you working now? Drop a line when you get time. Sorry for the long ramble...but you asked! (wink)
This is CABL.com posting #166418. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRsk
Posted in reply to: Re: Looking for Cable lady's by Wolf1
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Wolf1 Wolf1 4/24/2006 7:14:00 PM