Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Feeling Old Skool

The first pole I climbed was my app, that pole in front of Wayne Blanchards house in Morehead NC the 2nd was the start of my first pay check, didn't realize how stupid I looked in my new climbing gear or why everyone came over and stomped on my new Wesco's, 3rd day out I cut the end of my thumb off, thank god for duck tape, ASI Dallas, Mike Breakfield, Blanchard,(god bless him) the Dearden brothers, big Stan H., Jay, Chris, Eric, and about 60 others, 1980, the biggest splicing contract ever awarded at that time, (Wayne showed up in a Hawaiian shirt, cut offs, and flip flops for the final signing). B&S and Commco had the construction, this was when men were men and women were glad of it. Walking out on that old lead bell, spun around with your ass to the pole stabbin in puts, ratchet coring tools weren't invented yet, not to mention the chiggers, dogs, ivy, gun shots(hell that's always been a part of it) you worked hard and played hard, not many rules back then, just a lot of 18 year old hard d&#ks with a lot of pride, drop your hard hat at the bottom of the pole and head up in your cut offs. Management stayed in the AC and counted #'s, we went out and got em, no questions asked, these men, and I call them all my brothers, be it construction, ug, splicing or activation built this country, with their blood, sweat and their lives and I consider myself proud to have been apart of it all. I tip my glass to you all. To the pioneers. (beerchug)
it's easyer to ask for forgiveness than permission
This is CABL.com posting #166014. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRlO
Posted in reply to: Feeling Old Skool by itzabugnut
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Feeling Old Skool nrb1 4/18/2006 12:19:00 AM