Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: mastec

Monk

Sorry to here about your situation and that things are not working out as you had hoped. I am assuming that you are a dish installer. Is that correct? I work for the cable division. MasTec is a big company and has several divisions of business. None of these are directly connected except from the board of directors. So for example advanced technologies and Broadband have no connection or shared supervisors. They do not share trucks or equipment personnel or any thing for that matter.

So I can not speak for that department or how they run there business. I also can not speak to your company and how you were bought out and pay structure.

I can tell you that MasTec has allot of good people working here and from time to time as with any business we get a few bad apples. I am sure with any company there has been an employee along the way that you thought was going to be the best and then turns out you wish you had never hired them. That unfortunately is part of doing business.

You can not label an entire company as being a bad company when you only have worked for one division or one small group of individuals. I can simply tell you that I run all of my projects fair and hold every one accountable for there work. If there work and paper work is 100% then they will get paid 100%.
I would recommend that if you feel that you are not getting what you feel you need as an individual to set a meeting with those in charge at your project and discuss the situation face to face and see what they have to offer. I you can not get the pay or work that you need then move on to better opportunities.
I have held allot of jobs over the years that I have left and moved on because they could hire people with less experience or a lower cost of living than me. I simply negotiated my position and price and if I could not get what I needed I moved on to where I could.

As far as pricing and pay cuts go we all know that this is a competitive industry. A large company like MasTec has a higher overhead than a company of a few guys and truck. But they do offer stability and benefits that a smaller company can’t offer. Also the dish industry as well as the cable, phone and power industry's have all decreased is pay over the past few years as other contractors get in and under bid work.

So Like I said I can’t speak for your situation because I don’t know you and you are not on one of my projects. I think it would be a good idea if you guys would list what department you are working for and where when you have an issue.
This is CABL.com posting #165251. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQ9v
Posted in reply to: mastec by monk
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: mastec weworkforpeanuts 4/10/2006 8:49:00 PM
Re: mastec Gwester843 4/9/2006 10:52:00 AM