Create your free account now! Sign up

RE: Dish Monkey, Cable Monkey, Whatever

Why can't we all just get along>>>For the record I've been in cable for 27 years and have done and still do everything that can be done, I even installed one of the first dishes from directv that was ever sold, check it yourself it was purchased from Cowboy Maloney's in Jackson Ms soon after it launched, but I digress...The other day I went on an install at a new pre-wired house that was getting both dish and cable. I went with an installer to cut a tap and assist with a long drop crossing a highway etc. After completing the outside work we went in expecting to find signal. No signal. Did I mention the dish guy had already been there? going into the attick we found a multiswitch and a bunch of cut cable wires. Now what was that all about? We explained what we found to the homeowner and they were a little upset and wanted to call the dish company instead of having us splice the wires. I'm waiting to hear what came of that conversation. Now I suppose I could have just spliced the wires and never said anything. Or if there really is a "dish monkey" on the loose, he needs to be caught. That was my opinion.
This is CABL.com posting #165068. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQ6y
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: RE: Dish Monkey, Cable Monkey, Whatever KCcableRAT 4/6/2006 1:31:00 PM
Re: RE: Dish Monkey, Cable Monkey, Whatever Gwester843 4/5/2006 10:19:00 PM