Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dui,Oui,Dwi....

To be honest I don't feel one ounce of empathy for you. Back in '80 a drunk driver hit me head on. I was in a Volkswagon Bug, the drunk was in a Dodge Omni...The impact was like hitting a brick wall at 140mph. Drunk was killed instantly, one of my best friends was killed instantly (snapped neck) and I was as close to death as one could be without actually dying.

I was the only survivor and that was just barely. Because of that drunk mother fu_ker I had to have open heart surgery when I was 16 years old. I am 42 now and I am having serious health issues with my heart now. Due to the needed repair to the aorta, I have higher blood pressure than most with high blood pressure. I will be on medication the rest of my life, there are things I cannot do with my children and I just found out that due to the blood pressure being so high my heart has 'thickened', restricting the amount of blood that can be pumped. It is the first stage of heart failure. I could go on because I had MANY additional injuries as well but this right now is the most critical.

IMHO the judge let you off rather lightly. Quit your whining and tack your punishment like a man. You were man enough to drink and drive then be man enough to accept the consequences without pissing and moaning about it. If 'I' were the judge, I would make sure there won't be a third chance...

(usa)
Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #165009. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQ5B
Posted in reply to: Dui,Oui,Dwi.... by WmRussis
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Dui,Oui,Dwi.... oldschoolgal 4/7/2006 2:02:00 PM
Re: Dui,Oui,Dwi.... tclinewalker 4/6/2006 7:04:00 PM