Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Sick of pay cuts

I know someone that sells DTV and Dish and he told me that DTV just upped his install rate, you know the one that Direct pays to have the install done!!! Direct TV is now the pitts... They raised the install rate that they pay MSO's, HSP's and so on but it does not get passed down to us and to even add insult to injury they want us to be a phone company also!!!!! That is such B.S.
I know install Dish Network and find that the pay is better and you can charge for extra/custom work...PHONE LINE, WALLFISH..etc, where the HSP will not allow you to charge. So by DTV demanding that we install phone lines it adds to more money out of the installer, and if you do not install the phoneline and they ping the receiver you will be charged back for the job..... Oh! by the way!! that pining of the receivers also include the ones that are hoked up and THE CUSTOMER DICONNECTS the phoneline. So my advice to all DTV installers is to keep a copy of all the customers phone # and address's that you installed a system for so you can call them up or stop by everyday to make sure that they did not disconnect the phoneline!!!
Now lets here from the managers from the HSP's because they will tell you that this is wrong!!!! Well you know that there is only a handfull of HSP's out there now and if you have been in the business for a while chances are that you have worked for one of them!!!
This is CABL.com posting #164841. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQ2T
Posted in reply to: Sick of pay cuts by broadbandsteve
There are 0 replies to this message