Create your free account now! Sign up

Advice

Crawl2much asked for advice,heres mine. Go get your low voltage license for the state you work in. Diversify a little get into security, camera installations. Who wires maintains and up-grades Wal-Marts systems,or any other businesses that use this type of gear? Why are you still installing?Why haven't you moved up? Is it by choice? If your an installer for Dish network or some other provider beside catv heres my take on what your going through.The dishes were probably a new thing when you started and they intended to LOSE money just to get deployed,they overpayed in the beginning (always a bad idea)because they wanted to get a huge base of subs now they've got it and alot of people have gotten into the biz goin after the big money you was making.Supply and demand, there are less dishes to install with more installers competing for the work,prices fall, its always about the dollar. I"ll never stand in any persons way who is trying to better themselves. Good luck these are just my opinions not proven facts and may not apply to anyone.
This is CABL.com posting #164152. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQRM
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Advice inthewoods 3/25/2006 10:21:00 AM
Re: Advice Gwester843 3/25/2006 10:11:00 AM