Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Overtime pay on piece work

Why is it the first thing that comes to mind reading this thread...
Your lips keep flapping and all I hear is blah...blah...blah...
I think Gary Vest nailed things on the head and put things as blunt as possible. I sit back and read postings but rarely speak up, on this one I had to. Having been in the business for quite a few years myself I can remember the days of complaining I should make more for working past 40 hours. Then when I became efficent the money started to flow. Even with todays pricing not being the same it used to be I find that I make MORE than what I should "legally" be making. Production makes or breaks a man. A lazy p.o.s. aint gonna make jack chit while some one ambitous can take things to the bank. I think another comment was made for the contractor and I would like to add that I firmly beileve this one and a half time piece pricing is crazy. Just what we need is another reason for some F stick sand bagging production and chit work all week and then slam home some gravy on the overtime deal, no way man! who in their right mind would want to create such a situation.
Oh and for the record I am an employee who also feels it is none of my business what my employer makes off me as long as I feel I am being compensated appropriatley for my services.
Just my $.02
This is CABL.com posting #163623. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQJf
Posted in reply to: Re: Overtime pay on piece work by Trey9007
There are 0 replies to this message