Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Overtime pay on piece work

The point is not whos bitching. The fact is the law says OT is due for piece work perforned by employees. Its not my opinion, its not my rule, its the law. So unless being in the cable construction business gives you a pass on obeying the law, if you have employees working 40+ hrs on piece rate and not paying overtime you are in the wrong. Simple. Because I dont work cable makes no difference in this situation, unless like I said before being in cable construction gives you a pass that I nor the judge that is requring this install company to conform, does not know about. If there is a pass given to cable construction companies, please tell us about it.

I know you guys arent crazy. You know very well if the laws says its illegal, its illegal. Why are you trying to defend this? Maybe the law should be changed. Maybe some day it will be changed, but for now its the law. Why cant you people just admit to that and stop trying to justify it by lashing out at those who expose wrong doings. You people are lashing out at me, why? I didnt make the law, or lobby for it. Why not just follow the rules until you are able to get it changed. That is the right thing to do, isnt it?
This is CABL.com posting #163492. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQG8
Posted in reply to: Re: Overtime pay on piece work by cablegun
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Overtime pay on piece work cableho 3/17/2006 1:41:00 AM