Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Help

Believe it or not, I had the exact same injury. I was climbing a pole to do some work in an x-box and fell on my elbow. I broke my funny bone. I now only have about 70% extension on my right arm and I have very little movement in my wrist.

You must remember, your manager is not a doctor. They have no way to determine if you capable of returning to work or not. Get your doctor who treated you to OK the return the work. Also my injury required months of rehab, does yours? If so this needs to be addressed. At the time of my fall I was about 25 years old. They put me on light duty in a call center while I was in rehab. It was brutal to be stuck at a desk. I couldn't wait to get back to in the field. But I must tell you, dont go back without taking care of your injury. I also received $15,000 WC settlement for partial loss of use of arm.

My advice is to get a lawyer. You will be amazed of where you stand legally in this. While on WC and the time shortly after, you are safe. Companies will not fire you during this time because they know what can happen. But they will only observe your rights if they know or feel you are one who is smart enough to get a lawyer. WC lawyers only get paid, if you do, so get one.

You may also want to check and see if your employer is meeting OSHA requirements in regards to your injury. Did they supply you with OSHA certified training, and have they supplied you with OSHA certified equipment. If your HSP like the typical hsp they have not. I willing to bet you werent even supplied a hard hat. Things like this is what makes you untouchable at this time, but only if they feel you are a fighter. Get a lawyer, I guarantee you wont regret it.
This is CABL.com posting #163308. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQEa
Posted in reply to: Help by CherryBomb
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Help Trey9007 3/14/2006 10:36:00 AM