Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Help

Hmm, this all sounds very familar. Last year (Jan '05) I had a ladder colapse out from under me and severly injured my ankle. I was laid up for nearly 3 months. I was drawing worker's comp for all that time. When I got a progress report form the doctor saying that I should be able to return to work in one week the company popped up out of the blue and said that I had to come work in the office for that last week for minimum wage. The office was 80 miles away and at minimum wage I would barely make enough to pay my fuel cost to drive there and back each day (I was a piece rate POV HSP tech). I told them to just give me the week off without pay and that what they were trying to do was a chicken sh*t way to treat an employee who had been injured on the job. My office manager agreed and said that if the wigs in corporate had figured out earlier that the doctor had me down for lite duty (my restrictions were no lifting, climbing, crawling, kneeling, prolonged standing or sitting without my ankle elevated) they would have been making me come to the office all along.

Go to your doctor and ask him to change his reports to say that with your type of injury that you are unable to drive anything but short distances or unable to drive at all. Then let your company know that if they are willing to come pick you up each day that you will be more than happy to work in the warehouse (doing what I have no idea, seeing how you have very little use on one arm I doubt you'd be doing much lifting). Are you going through physical therapy? If so is it near your home or near your warehouse? Just talk to the doctor and let him know what they are trying to do to you, let him know that your employer's demands are going to limit your recovery. If the doctor isn't fully willing to assist you, then I am sure that there is a ambulance chaser in your area who would love to represent you in this matter.

I was more or lessed forced to return to work too soon. Eventhough the doctor released me to go back to work he ordered that I continue with physical therapy for another month. Worker's comp felt otherwise and say they wouldn't pay for it. As a result I still have pain and limited movement in that injured ankle.
This is CABL.com posting #163152. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQBE
Posted in reply to: Help by CherryBomb
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Help CherryBomb 3/11/2006 8:24:00 PM