Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Overtime pay on piece work

First, I want to apologize. I was speaking of companies in general, not specifically yours. But I must ask, how do you claim to follow all the rules to a "T", when you say you are being told by the government to correct yourself and pay OT. Just curious. Maybe we define "to the T" different.

Although this law was not made to create parity, companies that follow this law and others are put at an disadvantage when bidding against companies who cheat.

Not obeying the rules and circumventing labor laws is the same thing people who recruit illegals are doing. Some people want to circumvent labor laws so they can make a bigger profit. They feel this is the only way they can stay in business. Same technique is used in cable/sat, its just that the companies use American workers. Thats why when I see so many negative posts about how illegals hurt us in the work place, I cant help but think its the pot calling the kettle....

I hope installers are really paying attention to this thread. I hope we all take notice that there has been only 1 way suggested to fix this problem. Cut installer pay. Nobodys saying we must raise our rates so we can get on the level and still provide good jobs. The first and only thing being suggested is cut the installers pay. These are the people who are constantly saying they are looking out for us. Arent we lucky!(wink)
This is CABL.com posting #163058. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQz8
Posted in reply to: Re: Overtime pay on piece work by cablecrew10
There are 0 replies to this message