Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Industry

I have no problem with helping a brother out to grow his business. All I am saying is if you get into a new area, do it right-price and performance. Best bet will be to find a QUALITY sub or two in your area, get the current prices they will do the job for, add your percentage, and make your proposal to the MSO. And start higher than you want, they will always give you the "budget can't afford it" line. This way you will have the job being done right which will keep you in the money and it will let the MSO believe you are current on what the industry is paying in your area. Prices vary from area to area, some systems I get $50 plus over footages and bore prices, other systems pay me a flat $80 bores includes. This is all sand here, but when I am asked to go to a rocky area, the prices shoot way up. When they cry they should not have to pay me more for the ground, I give them the smae answer they give me "it's the cost of doing business". Be smart about it and if you do not own a machine, don't buy one until you have plenty of work to pay for it, and buy a good one. Down time costs you money and Integrity.
This is CABL.com posting #162323. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQoh
Posted in reply to: Re: The Industry by dpina
There are 0 replies to this message