Create your free account now! Sign up

Getting cheezed by the customer

Hey guys and gals,

Here is my latest learning curve thrown my way. I recently did a home theater job and did some extras while I was there. The total extras the customer paid for was $80. Everything went smooth, until I left. I spent the next hour on the cellphone explaining to the customer how to do work that he didn't pay me to do and I patiently walk him through it all.

Then a week goes by and he left a message saying that he cancelled the check he wrote me and feels bad about it and wants my address so he can send another one out and make it right. So I called him back after I receive notice from my bank that the check was cancelled. I am now waiting to recieve his new check.

Here is the question. What can I do if he doesn't send a new check? Is this the same as bouncing a check? Can I take it to my local DA's office and they will work it for me?

I now know to go straight to the customers bank and get a cashiers check in exchange for the customers check. The thing that pisses me off most is this guy knows I went beyond the call and still cancells the check. Oh yeah, and this customer appears to be very wealthy.
This is CABL.com posting #161837. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQgr
There are 8 replies to this message
Re: Getting cheezed by the customer Authoriter 3/8/2006 12:39:00 PM
Re: Getting cheezed by the customer k/bled 2/27/2006 2:19:00 AM
Re: Getting cheezed by the customer Bird Dog 2/19/2006 11:23:00 PM
Re: Getting cheezed by the customer Bird Dog 2/18/2006 11:14:00 PM
Re: Getting cheezed by the customer Chopps 2/18/2006 5:17:00 PM
Re: Getting cheezed by the customer voices 2/18/2006 3:00:00 PM
Re: Getting cheezed by the customer littlebear 2/18/2006 1:30:00 PM
Re: Getting cheezed by the customer SCcabledude 2/18/2006 12:46:00 PM