Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time to get out of DirecTV

Hi Warren (installerguy), in your other post you said I was asked to leave a forum, which forum was that. You say I go to forum to forum causing trouble, which forums are those. I only participate in 2. Also please show everyone when I have ever started a thread on unions. While you are at it please explain how someone can dominate a discussion via a computer. I type and click and post now like everyone else.

So whos the one double talking and changing definitions, and in your case flat out lying. But that s cool. But I must ask, why do you feel the need to lie about me. You may want to take a minute and remember you arent the only one here who knows me from another forum. So there are many people here who know you are lying. But yet again I must ask, why me. Why lie about me. Is this your only option. Cant you be a little more creative. Lying just makes you look so despreate and pathetic. But I guess you are who you are.

Hybrid, to answer your question I was in a lay-off. I was not in the construction trades where the union has a hiring hall before anyone asks. I started doing sat installs about 2 years ago. I instantly saw a big difference in how workers are treated in this industry. Then I stumbled on these forums and saw I wasnt the only one who saw this. I saw people with the same complaints as I. Im just one for doing something about it.

You called this a non-union industry. And sometimes I do also. But in reality the telecommunication industry is very much unionized. Satellite and cable is growing. Its a booming business. Its a wise choice to try to make a living here. But it will only happen if we get rid of some of the BS. Theres no good reason that techs in this industry should not be making the same pay as other workers in the telecom field. The only reason we dont is because we are not in a position bargain, only to beg. Think about. In the telecom field the finances of all the big players are about the same. But yet a cable guy who works, what is it 2ft, under a telephone guy gets paid 13/hr while the phone guy get 30/hr. Is there any legitimate reason for this.
This is CABL.com posting #161595. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQcx
Posted in reply to: Re: Time to get out of DirecTV by warrenrf
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV Hybrid.PC 2/15/2006 5:48:00 PM
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV warrenrf 2/15/2006 8:08:00 AM