Create your free account now! Sign up

Scientific Atlantic DVI output ERROR

I am sure this has been addressed in the past, but I recently had a problem with this setup. I installed a home theater system for a customer and when I connected the DVI cable to his TV the cable box gave an error message for about 3 seconds, then it played fine. The problem is, every time you change the TV's input, say to DVD then back to DVI input to view the HD cable, this error pops up for 3-5 seconds then plays fine.

Anyone else had this problem? Solution? The company I contract for sold the custome this cable for $120, so I was in a rock and a hard place. Plus, I based the whole install on being able to make use of the DVI connection.

I told the customer that it appears he may need a firmware/software update for this Scientific Atlantic box in order to do away with the error message. After I completed and departed from the job, he contacted the cable company (cox) and the rep told him to use the componant video out instead of the DVI.

Is this the same with all cable boxes? I told the customer he should consider switching to DirecTV/Dishnetwork.
This is CABL.com posting #161307. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mP7T
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Scientific Atlantic DVI output ERROR jerrydixon 2/12/2006 8:46:00 PM