Create your free account now! Sign up

beware; telstar/charter shenanigans

to whom it may concern,
My name is Alan Nef,i was recently employed as a sub contractor with telstar communition contractors for charter communications.
On friday February 3rd, I arrived for a usual day at work and was told I had to speak with the supervisor Charles McLeod. I found Charles and was told by him that Telstar had recieved a letter the previous day concerning a workman's compensation claim that I had filed. He told me that my pursuit of this claim would end up costing me more than the $148. This $148 was what I paid in a hospital bill resulting from an injury to my shoulder that I recieved
on the job. Charles then told me I was being fired for miss-billing and performing "shady work" and also refused to give me my paycheck. At this time Telstar is now in possesion of three of my paychecks that they are withholding for no apparent reason. They are also refusing to pay my workmen's compensation claim on the grounds that it was not filed according to procedure. To my knowledge there are no formal procedures that are to be followed as there are none stated in the manual used by Telstar issued by Charter or the manual used primarily by Telstar. As will be made quite clear by the completion of this letter this is a wrongful termination and is an open and shut case for litigation.
Addressing the miss-billing charge:
One of the jobs being cited in this accusation was done on December 28, 2005, the job reference is #44856482 and the location was 825 Thackston Dr. I was told by Charles that a Charter tech had gone to this job to QC the work done o Feb. 2, 2006, aqnd looked at this job and found it was not grounded and only six phone outlets were available instead of the ten I had billed for. On the friday I was fired I recieved a phone call from James Mack, another Telstar technician who told me he was sent out to this job, found the job was grounded and that he saw a total of eight phone outlets. Here lie two contradictory stories that Telstar has reported.
Addressing the shady work charge:
On Saturday January 14th, 2006, I had a conversation with Charles concerning two jobs I was unable to complete the previous day due to a minor traffis misshap I was involved in. Charles stated that missing these jobs was unaccepttable no matter what the excuse was and that I should bring my truck in on Monday and unload my equipment. Monday morning when I came in to unload the truck Phil Zimmerman, another supervisor, asked me to stay because I was a good worker and Telstar needed good technicians. I asked him what about Charles and he said Charles had left it up to him because ha was going to head of the Spartanburg S.C. division and Charles was going to head the Greenville S.C. division. I agreed to stay with the understanding that Phil would handle the situation with Charles.
Now in reference to the Telstar Communications Quality Assurance & Quality Control Program manual page #2 under the heading Installation Inspection Process, it states in the third paragraph that the Telstar policy for QC/QA is to physically inspect 20% of completed work within 48 hours of the installation. The job in question used as an example of my "miss-billing" and "shady work" is far beyond the 48 hrs. time frame specified in the manual, it is actually over one month before accusations were filed.
If I was indeed performing shady work and indeed miss-billing customers, then why was I asked to stay and told I was a good technician? Why, if these accusations are in fact true, was I asked to train other techs? I is it Telstar's policy to allow technicians of questionable character and work ethics to continue working for them and even to train other techs? If so this surely does not speak very highly of Telstar's policies. As a company that employs hard working individuals, their motives amd ability to act in an honest and forthright manner concerning their subcontractors must be brought into question.
Telstar is illegally withholding my paychecks. I am rightfully owed two paychecks, I understand that the third can legally be withheld for charge backs that may be encountered by Telstar from Charter. This is however not the case because Charter has paid Telstar for the work done by me as a subcontractor inthe very same cases I was fired for. I don't think that Charter would stand by and have a contractor treat it's subcontractors in such a manner, this matter I'm sure was never even brought to their attention? This illegal, immoral and reprehensible action on the part of Telstar is going to reflect back on Charter. If Telstar continues to pursue these legal actions against me for miss-billing I will be forced to bring suit against Charter for discrimination because I have been to many jobs that were badly done accroding to their standards and no techs were reprimanded. I have evidence of these and will hold Charter accountable.
There is also the matter of slander and sabotage as well as work tampering, if Charter is going to participate in this charade they will be held liable along with Telstar. Their monopoly in this area will be threatened bt public scrutiny of their operating procedures and questionable ethical practices. If they are indeed operating under these practices and are allowing their contractors to treat their subcontractors in such an erroneous and unjustified manner, this injustice will be righted. Alan Nef
This is CABL.com posting #161048. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mP3I
There are 9 replies to this message
Re: beware; telstar/charter shenanigans cgdontop2 2/10/2006 1:55:00 PM
Re: beware; telstar/charter shenanigans Anasazi 2/9/2006 10:04:00 PM
Re: beware; telstar/charter shenanigans Anasazi 2/9/2006 9:51:00 PM
Re: beware; telstar/charter shenanigans cgdontop2 2/9/2006 3:01:00 PM
Re: beware; telstar/charter shenanigans ocffactor 2/9/2006 11:28:00 AM
Re: beware; telstar/charter shenanigans superscoutii 2/9/2006 9:55:00 AM
Re: beware; telstar/charter shenanigans Fiber Guy 2/8/2006 8:08:00 PM
Re: beware; telstar/charter shenanigans crawl2much 2/8/2006 7:36:00 PM
Re: beware; telstar/charter shenanigans Gwester843 2/8/2006 3:40:00 PM