Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Stop thinking about it and go.

You're correct. I guess I can see where you're coming from. My post kind of went all over the place. I just didn't want to leave anyone or job tittle left out when I said the skills we have are worth money. In some cases the comparisons can be made with people who do the same work, and sometimes similar work.

I just hate to see a guy leave thinking the skills he has obtained here are worthless. They are not. Even the "suits" keeping the pay low know this. They just don't want us to realize this. I mean truly realize it. And as long as the majority of us think that making good money while being able to spend time with your family is crazy dream, and considers anyone who has this goal to be lazy. The "suits" little plan is working.

Heres the catch 22 as I see it. The competition in telecommunications is causing new services and technologies to be deployed. DBS, VOIP, HSI, DSL and etc... are all products developed because of competition. I'm sure theres more to come. We are the ones who build the networks and get these services deployed to the homes of customers. Most industrys would consider our role pretty vital. And compensate accordingly. So if you like working with new and cutting edge technology this is the place to be. But right now the pay isn't on the same level as the skills. Catch 22.
This is CABL.com posting #161037. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mP3x
Posted in reply to: Re: Stop thinking about it and go. by DONE RIGHT
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Stop thinking about it and go. sumahit 2/9/2006 12:47:00 AM