Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time to get out of DirecTV

Im just about on that same route. $30 for a cable install is a lot higher than Ive seen offered in Illinois. The highest I have seen is $23 bucks. $12 discos. When sat was 70/20, 80/20 etc.. cable pay couldnt touch satellite. But now with the 65/15 and lower pay, cable might be better because of how long it takes to do a sat install. And now this new dish, phone line requirement, solid copper, and 3.0 GHZ requirements comming, satellite work is going to be a place that only those who really love the work will do it, because soon the techs will be loosing money and therfore will be paying to perform sat work.

There is one cable contractor here (Pirtano) that advertises for techs EVERYDAY, really everday. I dont know why , I think its high turn-over. But cable is looking more attractive because material is supplied and all you make is pretty much yours. I just dont like that you are required to report in every morning like an employee. But they still call you a contractor, which is not legal.

But good luck on whatever you decide. Ive got a few decisions to make myself.
This is CABL.com posting #160955. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mP2d
Posted in reply to: Time to get out of DirecTV by oldschooldbstech
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV sumahit 2/7/2006 4:38:00 PM
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV installitright 2/7/2006 2:50:00 PM