Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Sample Non Compete Clause

From what I hear, ANY non-compete clause is invalid unless the company provides financial compensation for this restriction. They have to pay an ex-employee to not work for a competitor, or do anything that may be construed as "Competing" with that company. This was third party information that originated from legal counsel, but it is worth looking into. I have signed many non-competes, and I have never viewed any of them worth worrying about. I believe they are for intimidation purpose only and none would hold up in any court. If a company worries that an employee will leave and take critical information, or experience, with them, then take care of that employee or control the flow of information. The removal, or copying of classified company information is a crime if detailed to employees correctly, and few companies do that. Non-competes are not looked at too seriously by those of us who have been in the industry for awhile. We sign them under the premise that it is stupid to argue something that may never materialize.
This is CABL.com posting #160518. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPVa
Posted in reply to: Sample Non Compete Clause by TDD1
There are 0 replies to this message