Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: This One's For Owners/Shop Managers

I would immediately fire the supervisor.

As for the beaten employee, I would be courteous to him and offer good will gestures only. I would not feel as if I, the owner of the company, were responsible for that supervisor's actions while *off the clock*. A lawyer may disagree, but I would let the court's decide it if it came to that since 1- it did not happen at my property and 2 - they were both out from my responsibility at the time it occured.

I would absoluetly take care of the man, equal to his value to the company. In other words, if he was a stand up tech and always performed as a professional, I would want to keep him around, and would help him as much as possible. On the other hand, if he was a no call no show kind of guy that always put the tougher jobs off, then I would probably give him a few sick days, keep his job available to him and give him some easy work for a week or two upon his return.

As for property damage, they would have to handle that themselves between the employee and supervisor.

And the surprised, non involed, pissed off employee... sorry man - you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I guess that covers the legal end of my decisions - in reality, I would probably help the employees out as much as possible - but I would not cover there property damage at all - I may help them out with a company loan or something to help cover things.
you need to have enough wisdom to keep from making the wrong decisions but enough courage to make the right ones
This is CABL.com posting #160327. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPR5
Posted in reply to: This One's For Owners/Shop Managers by RadioMan
There are 0 replies to this message