Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Please Help

This is quite an open-ended request for assistance. You have given us a small amount of information , and very few veribles in the equation . It leaves a great deal to assumption in trying to assist you correctly . Are these rates part of a bid , or are you already locked in to the contract . My first assumption is this work is either tel.co. , municipal , or government in nature , and the rates are line item . In which case , they might be paying per man , machine , etc. , based on capabilities . This type of estimating becomes very complex , but , is very accurrate . I won't go into all that here .
A synopsis of the personnell you have presented only gives 2 classifications .
1. A beginner / entry level locator/operator . 6 bores can hardly be classified as having experience .
2. An experienced locator/operator ( Crew Leader / Foreman ) . With 5 years in the trade , this individual probably has betonite in his blood . He has worked his way through utility hits , damage , inclimate weather , and has become very resourceful at get'r done . He can probably do field repairs on the machine , and train anyone on his crew , including his replacement . He is production oriented .
If you can provide other assistance ( help with hotel bill , etc. ) or per diem , these can help keep your hourly rates down , and offset what seems like below grade rates to some perspective employees . Everyone likes to think there are benefits included with thier jobs . Goes a long way towards recruitment and retention , and helps build loyalty .
There are many things to take into consideration before one can feel justified in setting a value on a man's hard work and what he will recieve for such . I felt it very important to remind you prior to giving you a simple set of numbers you could plug into a contract or payroll program . I have just sratched the surface , as far as I am concerned .
Having said all that :
Class 1 Beginner - ( $ 12.50 - 14.75 hr. ) reviewed quarterly or monthly , and raises awarded based on safety , promptness , equipment care , willingness to work overtime ,etc.
Class 2 Intermediate - ( $ 15.00 - 17.75 hr. ) based on the above , and including accurracy of placement/locating ( including protection of other utilities and obstacles ) , fore thought of necessary supplies and procedures based on each particular job , and ability to assist in instructing laborers/beginners .
Class 3 Advanced - ( 18.00 - 23.50 hr. ) all the above and , representation of company and crew to the public/customer-contractor , comprehension of site/job plans and work orders , ability to make on-site decisions , ability to direct/train all crew members , company-oriented towards motivating crew efficiency and maintaining cost effectiveness , thoroughness of paperwork/record-keeping , ability to communicate with upper management and enforcement of company policies .
Class 4 Master- ( 25.00 - 40.00 hr. )
Class 5 Expert - ( 50.00 - 100.00 hr. )

Class 4 & 5 considerations available upon request .

Hope this has been of some assistance to you . Let's make professionalism attractive .

(spin)(wave)(clap)
This is CABL.com posting #160151. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPPf
Posted in reply to: Please Help by Deputydog
There are 0 replies to this message