Create your free account now! Sign up

Journeyman Electrician Certification

It is now 2006, and all practicing Electricians in California must have already passed the State Journeyman Electrician exam. I know a lot of people who did not take this seriously, are now unable to perform their job as Electrician or even as an apprentice. These people are now a part of of the Low Voltage group, like us. This is good news in a lot of ways. These guys are/were working Electricians. They know how to ground properly, they know the codes, they know how to install CAT5, Coax, and phone lines and a lot of things that we also need to know. I am not saying we don't know what we are doing, because we do for the most part. The good news is that those who don't use better practices, and are doing work which fails QC over and over again, will slowly be weeded out of the industry. Yeah!!! Independent contractors should see an influx of new talent. This is better for everyone. I think the bar will be raised quite a bit. The Electricians are used to being paid by the hour, and us by production, so this may effect what everyone makes. I think it will be for the better, but that is definitely my opinion. It is hard to find people these days, and I welcome some new blood with built in knowledge. What do you all think this will mean to us as an industry?
This is CABL.com posting #159418. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPDq
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Journeyman Electrician Certification k/bled 2/3/2006 1:36:00 AM
Re: Journeyman Electrician Certification cdrelectric 1/13/2006 4:34:00 PM