Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: hsp standards

Depending on how long you been doing DTV or Dish installs, and have NEVER had a SERVICE CALL.......well I wont go and call you a LIAR...but I just dont believe ya. If you been doing HSP work for a week with no service calls (YET), then I might believe ya. If you been doing this for 10 years with no service calls because of your work with an HSP, Id call ya LIAR to your face.

But, if you are really working for an HSP, or an HSP sub, I cannot believe you do not know what it stand for, which is HOME SERVICE PROVIDER. DirecTv as well as Dish has there own version of an APPROVED INSTALL. They want it installed, no matter what.(kinda). The HSP's in an effort to kiss major butt with DTV, and Dish, offer all the EXTRA crap to them just to get the contract. And of course, DTV, and DISH buy it because they are getting more (they think(...for LESS.

The worst among most HSP's is MASTEC. It is NOT MAstec themselves, but the subs THEY HIRE. But, then again, MASTEC is getting quite stupid themselves. MASTEC changes their install guidlines, by the city they serve it seems. I will give you an example. The Charlotte, NC office of Mastec just rolled out that every receiver(IRD) installed must be connected to a phone line. Now, as an installer, you might do this. But MASTEC says that if that line has to be run over a walk area in the home, it must be installed. That means floor fishes, attic and wall fishes, exterior penetrations, etc. That is ABSOLUTELY B.S. Perosnally, I don't run (many) phone lines.

Now in other Mastec markets, they could care less. As long as the customer has an available phone line in the house, that the customer could connect too...heck, they dont care.

Next xomes the whole grounding issue. DTV says you can ground the switch. Mastec says ou have to go to a ground block, ground the ground block then use jumpers to the switch, and then ground the switch. (in these locales anyway). I agree that the Dish should be grounded to a lug, or whatever, and that the dish should be grounded at the switch and beyond, if possible. But, at hand now is the issue of WIRE. It seems DTV and Dish is trying to decide about dual wire w/messenger to ground the dish. Heck, locally, my suppliers wont carry dual w/messenger again until they
This is CABL.com posting #159115. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPyx
Posted in reply to: hsp standards by cablesatphonerep
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: hsp standards bkpell 1/8/2006 9:18:00 PM