Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Trey here is how I see it!

I agree. 100%. Good workers dont need a union. But what about good workers getting treated like crap?

Let me know if you guys feel these scenarios are happening as we speak.

The guy who does good work, but lives in an area where people low ball to get work and therefore has to pay lower rates. He started years ago and could make $1000 a week working 6-8 hour days 5 days a week. Now he has to work 10-12 hour days 6 days a week just to make thats same 1000, forget about cost of living raises, hes just trying to sustain the income he started out with years ago.

What about the guy who does good work, but for some reason the people he works for always seem to forget that pay day is Tuesday, not Thurs or Fri, or whatever day the company feels like paying you.

What about the good worker whos boss seems to think hes doing him a favor or something when giving out checks.

What about the good worker thats getting paid 13/hr to install IRDs and is now required to install phone lines at the same pay. While his neighbor down the street is doing the same type work but gets paid double what he is paid.

Again, you are right, good workers dont need unions. But if you fall into any of these catagories, you may want to at least consider it.

This is CABL.com posting #158839. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPt5
Posted in reply to: Re: Trey here is how I see it! by lahm
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Trey here is how I see it! OPIES HERE 1/3/2006 3:37:00 PM