Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: what would be worse?

Oldschool os correct, I was at the same meeting (along with 30-40 other techs) when Oldschool asked that question about the possibility that D* might be planning to buy out Bruister. The guy looked as if he were going to sh*t the preverbial golden brick!
If D* is behind the shift to company owned vehicles and the HSP techs taking major pay cuts then I'd say the possibility of D* taking over (or buying out) the HSps (or atleast some of them) is highly likely. As Oldschool said, they did it in Europe, why could it not happen here. All those similarly painted fleet vehicles and $10 per hour FNG's are just what D* has been waiting for. That way when they buy out the HSPs they don't have to deal with a ton of techs who are individual sub-contractors or employees who drive their personal trucks. I can see day (not too far off) when D* will only hire contractors or POV techs on a seasonal or as-needed basis. It makes good business sense for D* to have the installs done by inhouse techs but it really sucks for those hard working contract & HSP POV techs who got D* to where they are today.
This is CABL.com posting #158742. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPsw
Posted in reply to: Re: what would be worse? by sumahit
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: what would be worse? sumahit 1/1/2006 10:12:00 PM
Re: what would be worse? OPIES HERE 1/1/2006 9:22:00 PM