Create your free account now! Sign up

D11 (DTV) IRD's??

I installed one of the newer d11 IRD's the other day. Now, I have probably installed a bunch since they came out. I just saw the latest and supposedly greaest version. IT SUX!!!! I got to the job and like always exited the truck with my inclinometer, and the LOS did not seem to be an issue. You know how you just look at some dishes and thing...no way in hell that has LOS, but it does, then other times, its overly obvious that LOS is not an issue. Now, I been doing this for several years. I set my pole, put the dish up, checked signal and got like 80 on the accutrac for the 101. I connected the switch, and I be danged when IO walked in the house I was getting signal strength9s)......YES, I said strengths...that would go as high as 95, down to 20, then to zero (all in a matter of seconds). I have never seen a d11 IRD do that. Either you got it, you aint, or the signal is just weak at the IRD/TV (signal strength meter). Well, in this instance the signal would jump way high, then low, etc, etc. I moved the pole and dish to a better place (Guess, I should have put it in the new place the FIRST time), and BOOM.....was achieving 93 steadily. So, obviously LOS was the issue, but I swear I have hit that bird and got high signal strengths in some seemingky "iffy" locations. Anybody else experience this, or am I just today's dumb***
This is CABL.com posting #158291. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPlf
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: D11 (DTV) IRD's?? oldschooldbstech 12/25/2005 1:14:00 AM