Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S.

I dont know if I am passionate. But whatever it is I wont let it blind me from the truth that we arent getting our fair share. I find it hard to feel passionate about something that doesnt give me fair treatment. And because of my background I know for fact we are not, and I know why. Maybe you feel we are getting our fair share, I dont. This industry has the ability to provide good quality jobs and careers, but because the workers have no voice, it will only make a few people filthy rich.

I dont think Im all that passionate about unions either. If you notice, unless asked how I feel. You never hear me say people should join. I just try to kill the mis-information being put out here. I feel workers comming together in an effort for better treatment is really needed here. Believe me, if we were getting anything close to our fair share I wouldnt be so vocal about this. But as you can see by looking at what clerical workers recieve compared to our techs, we arent even close. And I guess thats what Im passionate about. Us getting our fair share. And I dont think that just because union workers get something that makes it fair, but I do believe that if wages, benefits and other industry concerns are negotiated by 2 sides and not dictated by 1, chances are the bargined for results will be more fair than the dictated ones.

I refer you to the lilnk I posted with the contract. Notice the job tittles in it range from techs, clerks, dispatchers, and everything. Not just techs. All of them recieve good wages, and did you notice that during the life on contract their wages go up and not down. SO please check that link out,and tell me why workers in this industry should not be able to work with a similar agreement and working conditions. Why do we have to be happy just to survive. Why do we have to be happy with just being able to feel passionate about our work. Why not be able to feel passionate about the business, and the business feel the same way about us.
This is CABL.com posting #158060. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPhw
Posted in reply to: Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. by sumahit
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. sumahit 12/21/2005 1:23:00 PM