Create your free account now! Sign up

No pay go-backs on other techs jobs

Ok, I usually try & keep quiet. do my job the best way I know how & just go with the flow. But this last bit of anal penetration (with no lube) has got me mad. I work for an ISP (which sucks) in southern Oregon that seems to come up with a new pay cut weekly. The last one is the worst yet. I have no problem going back on a 60 day on my own jobs. But now, they are demanding that we do other techs 60 days without pay too. Considering the fact that I cover a radius of about 150 miles in a pretty sparsly populated area, it is taking its toll. I dont even think it is legal seeing as how I am an employee paid on commission (which I will be looking into & agressively persueing), not a contractor. I am very much on the lower end of the typical DTV install payrate as it is, & this is just another nail in the coffin. More than anything, I think I am disgusted with myself for putting up with these clowns for so long. I am fairly seasoned tech (about 6 yeaars total in cable and sat) & am wondering why I ever went to work for an HSP. I went from making about 1600 a week, down to 900-1000 when I started with this circus, & am now averaging about 400-500 a week (Before uncle Sam gets ahold of me). RIDICULOUS!! Im not going to pretend like I have the answer to this industry's pay issues, but I will say that ISP's have GOT to go. Isn't there some kind of monopoly laws that could take the clown-fest down? I dont know. I just needed to vent. Sorry if I rambled on. Much love & support to the rest of u techs that get shafted daily. We can only hope for the best.
This is CABL.com posting #157934. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPfu
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: No pay go-backs on other techs jobs kong 12/20/2005 12:47:00 PM
Re: No pay go-backs on other techs jobs messenger 12/20/2005 10:41:00 AM
Re: No pay go-backs on other techs jobs bushmaster 12/20/2005 8:23:00 AM