Create your free account now! Sign up

HSP Blasting Techs

ISince I posted HSP Taking Too Much, there have been nearly 80 replies. Alot of great feed back and some not so great.

Bottom line some believe tech's are lazy while others believe HSP justify their pays. It's very simple, if all techs were being paid $100/$25 for additional receivers, I doubt if alot of techs would complain to the degree they complain. I have yet to see $100/$25 for installs in this day and age. Of course, those of you who are paid these wages would certainly not complain even if you knew the HSP was wrong. This is situation ethics, if it feels good...just do it.

On the other hand when tech's are paid $45.00 to $60.00 with $12.50 to $15.00 for additional receivers there is all the reason to complain...and rightfully so.

I recently heard that a HSP in New York was being paid $258.00 for the first install and $50.00 for each receiver. This same HSP pays their guys $45.00 for the first installed and $12.50 for each receiver. Service calls pay $15.00, additional outlets $15.00, and Multisat Upgrades $20.00. Now, lets be fair, who is making money here. We know who is...the HSP. Yet the HSP only knows who to complain.

Having said all the above for those who believe the pay is great you are wrong...it sucks. Those who believe they are fairly treated, thats great. But when your HSP or contractor does wrong, remember this is usually their first step to further deplorization of the employee. Those who fear unions or other organizatios, you have reasons to fear. They will expose the truth. Those who think hacks should be banned, you are right. Those who condone to unnecessary office trips, and useless meetings at the HSP office, the time will come when irregardless of how many hacks are out there, you will sow what you have reep over the years.

Having only been in this industry for a short period of time it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the average tech is being screwed regardless of how great he or she may be. Brown nosers and hackers will certainly always create unpleasant working conditions.

For you techs who have the guts as I do, tell the HSP to kiss your ass. After all they will also come and go. Why lose your dignity and respect over others who have no respect for themselves.

One day the HSP and other sub contractors will certainly pay for the injuries they have created or permitted to surface during their rein.

It has been a real plesaure to be part of this board. My only intent was to open a forum here where we can communicate with each other in a civilized fashion. This has been accomplished. HAPPY HOILDAYS.(wacky)
This is CABL.com posting #157917. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPfd
Posted in reply to: HSP Taking To Much by onlinewarranty
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: HSP Blasting Techs sumahit 12/20/2005 10:00:00 AM
Re: HSP Blasting Techs Bird Dog 12/20/2005 2:32:00 AM