Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: HSP's Taking To Much

Ok. Here is the problem I saw in the grand scheme of things with the HSP I worked for. They knocked the tech's price down $10 start to a top out of $15 per hour with a van and gas card provided. So, from the managements perspective, they would make more profit in the long based on the productivity shown with previous inhouse techs working piece rate.

What they didn't consider was that all these new "boys" (I have heard an ad which states they are looking for new boys to hire, I swear to God) have different work ethics and they think that the more they do the less money they are making.

We had an awesome sysytem before the suits changed the game. We didn't have "hacks" because the pay rate would bring in the best. Sure, some techs would work for a month then get terminated or quit and we would have to go back on their jobs, but it worked just fine.

I truly think that other companies are represented in this discussion and they know just how bad it is at the HSP's such as Bruister. These company rep's are looming overhead like vultures waiting for the great B&A to fall so they can come in and get there share. Well, that's fine but some great techs are caught in the cross fire and it p*ss*s me off.

One more thing, not one mention form anyone else about how companies fire good workers who want to organize a union. How do you feel about this? Is this a practice that you would implement at your place of work? Imagine having the #1 tech out of 50 get fire by corporate and you are the office manager and there is nothing you can do about it. This after meeting with the #1 guy and him openly discussing/ debating organizing a union.
(splat)
This is CABL.com posting #157875. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPex
Posted in reply to: Re: HSP's Taking To Much by oldschoolgal
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: HSP's Taking To Much sumahit 12/19/2005 7:16:00 PM