Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S.

I seen a lot of hack work, but I can understand why.
Some of these trainers don't teach there trainies enough to go out in the field alone, they just have them put F connects on, and use a bird dog to align the dish's, then they get sent out in the field with no real working knowledge, or how to use a accutrack.

I was very lucky to get Doug to train me, and he did such a good job with me that I was training in techs soon after, and it was sad to see techs being sent out with trainers that didn't teach them squat, and they knew it.

I reteched a couple guys for a day or two, and in that day all of them learned more then he did working a week with there supposed "trainers"

I know there are some losers out there that don't amount to squat in the field, but I also know there is dedicated smart guys just trying to get a fair shake, and get screwed by bad training.
Then to find out after they get everything figured out and setup, that the job doesn't pay...

So they quit, bring in new techs, that do more bad installs, that burden the whole network, that supposable has to lower everyones pay rate.
Sounds like a noose effect to me.

Then they start throwing out numbers of bad installs at us, like we aren't the ones going out there and fixing them for the price of gas, or worse.
They say it effects them, and I'm sure it does, but I highley doubt they see a lose in there paycheck, or had to work for free...
That sort of empathy is a left handed slap across our face.

So I'm not saying that bad install don't effect everyone, I'm just saying it is a viscious circle that they have no plans about fixing outside of threatening everyones job, and giving mtoivational speeches about how you are not making the company enough money, and how they need to make life worse for you to teach you a lesson.

BTW, I only had one service call on me that I'm aware of, and that was because some pervert wanted to watch his daughter on a hiddin camera in her room.
He was using the one home-run cable from her room as a sat line and a voyeur cam line as well, I diagnosed the problem, fixed it and left him without his sick spanko vision.

This is CABL.com posting #157862. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPek
Posted in reply to: Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. by OPIES HERE
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. OPIES HERE 12/19/2005 11:26:00 PM
Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. sumahit 12/19/2005 5:26:00 PM