Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S.

hey old school,
the very same thing happened to me here.although i realize it was a jackass that i went to. he left me high and dry. no job no money not even a "well let's launch an investigation".not even unemployment. i was SOL. although that situation was unfurtunate for me an i realize that not all unions are the same,it left a very bad taste in my mouth and that's when i decided i would be a contractor and make a diference it may be a small one but i would make a diference. we all know what primes get paid. it's no great mystery. we all know what the tech percentage is on the overall contract.yet, when we go for a new contract we settle for what's thrown our way. now keep in mind people, we don't have to take it. and they don't have to give it.but we do.now why can't we find the same attitude in aking for a raise as a contractor. IF, we have a proven track record not just with other contracts but the existing contract,what's wrong with asking for a bit more. if you were working in a factory would you ask for a raise in pay after so long? of coarse you would.
so why as a contractor do we all of the sudden forget how ?
i'll tell you why. because even though we may not want to admit it, we know in the very back of our minds that there is always some hacker out there who will do the work cheaper. so we clam up just to stay competitive.
do hacks cost this industry money? you bet. in a hell of alot more ways than one.
so we find ourselves at a place we're dissatisfied with. not all the issues are hack related but a larger percentage is. now companies like opies are hard to find and very few far and between.we need more like it. but let's look at that for a second.
how did they get where they are? they didn't put up with the hack installation.having a voice is great, but having a good track record is better.
so, does anyone have ideas on how to get rid of the hacks and clean up our end of the yard? i invite all opinions.

This is CABL.com posting #157839. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPdX
Posted in reply to: Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. by oldschooldbstech
There are 0 replies to this message