Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S.

trey,

i'm glad you asked.

1. i believe the every one has thier reasons for being pro or non union.

2. yes, it the install industry were tighter on QC ratings everyone would profit not just the suits. it's a known FACT, when you have a happy customer base the rewards are more than just monitary.
so, yes, i believe that installers would get better treatment.
let's face facts here. would you keep hack installers and continue to pay higher pay scales knowing the quality of workmanship is substandard to say the least,and customer turn is at a high? no you wouldn't.
now amplify that by about 100 or 200 how long before you feel the impact of just plain bad installs?
the truth of the matter is this trey.
dish network has lost customers as well as DTV in this past year.
new activations on dish are 33% of what last years 2ND QUARTER WAS. DTV was at 45% .although all can not be atributed to poor installation quality a large percent was.
and i'll go ahead and address #3 at this same time the growth of cable and satellite wil continue to grow at one pace or another. i mean come on now it's common scence. as populations increase so to are the demands for home entertainment.
and satellite companies ranked higher because of availability and pricing.now that the pricing is brought up,part of the decrease in new satellite activations is due to cable companies being able to provide more then just cable. for instance, telephony,internet and bundling, dvr services, and it continues to grow with HD.
there will alway be people moving and people switching back and forth. and some of those people are in areas where there is no cable and some people just prefer satellite. you of all people should know this as long as you've been in the busines. so again i will say, quality does make a diference.
now on to #2

there could never be a 100% QC rating all the time in this industry
it will always vary.the thing to accomplish is better ratings then what is prsently facing us. to expect perfection all the time is setting yourself up. you cannot control the next tech any more then you can control time.this is a FACT. what we can do is start policing our brothers. i mean come on, you all know that a bad tech makes us all look bad.yet we all turn the other way.
oh, but we all complain about the industry rates dropping.
100% QC all the time mabey not, but, a 95% or higher, definately.
and when i refer to QC i mean an actual person going out and QC not ask the customer.because as many of you know the customer may be pleased with the work, but doesn't realize the cabling is not supose to run inside the gutter.or across the roof not fatsened.

now let me ask this,
you are a satellite tech, how many times have you been driving along and seen a crappy install ?
did you stop? did you fix it at no cost to a customer?
yeah, neither have i.

and that probably won't happen either. no one will ask that customer who did the work. not untill they have problems and some one else gets sent out there and A.tries to make money on the correction of the hack. or B fixes only the specific problem and then leaves.

these are the things that are choking the install industry.and so should it be the companies respnsibility to police it. why, they've already paid for the job to be done right once.

This is CABL.com posting #157799. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPdj
Posted in reply to: Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. by Trey9007
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. Bird Dog 12/19/2005 6:45:00 AM
Re: HSP's Taking To Much P.S. sumahit 12/18/2005 8:59:00 PM