Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: HSP's Taking To Much

Unions have ruined this country in regards to performance management based salaries. The most worthless employee will get paid the same amount of money you receive while you are breaking your balls working twice as hard. Unions strive on seniority. You could be an old cable dog who is the biggest friggen bonehead on the planet who is unable to calculate the drop loss of a 250 foot rg-7 drop and he would be your boss because of seniority. You will pay dues to a "union" for what, your union rep will show his worthless face once a month and then give you a fine. Let me do the math, I increase my salary by 2 or 3 dollars an hour but now pay 30 dollars a week to the union? What you need to do is research what you would really get from a union, loss of your benefits, if the union strikes you will lose more benefit time and money while the strike elongates. I am not sure how many dogs out there can continue to go without a pay check in this era where you need to search for an honest prime that will pay a decent wage, one where you don't need to keep track of every drop you replace knowing that your paycheck will reflect what you billed. It is almost worth going in-house / sales incentives / company vehicle / vacation time / bonus money / paid holidays / on call pay. What the contract world needs to continue to do " is do it right the first time " . 90% of the MSO's out there are running so many reports on repeat calls on installs and service that you don't have the option to be an old school "hacker" any more. The era of making it right and keepin it tight is here or you will go away. Many years of questionable workmanship have led us to this point. MSO's would rather pay there own people who have been trained extensively than pay for poor quality work that costs them 2.5 times as much. These are all opinions. We all have them. (spin)
This is CABL.com posting #157784. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPc4
Posted in reply to: Re: HSP's Taking To Much by Bird Dog
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: HSP's Taking To Much Trey9007 12/18/2005 5:59:00 PM
Re: HSP's Taking To Much vwgolfgirl 12/18/2005 5:20:00 PM